Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Open Window.

The sparkling of dawn,
Shone through open windows.
Deep breath and closed eyes greet the breeze,
As it winds it's way around my soul,
Drifting out again to meet the day.

I stride away from the warmth of a new sun,
To find the breeze had gifted me,
A spirit that had been washed away.
I could feel the change,
I could sense the spark.
I felt the shift of self.
I had met a moment,
When that breeze had drifted gone,
It took with it a heavy piece,
That I had carried far too long.

The freshness of the air,
Still lingers in my heart,
The remembrance of beginning,
The stitching of worlds once torn apart.

That sparkling of dawn,
Shared with me a new day,
And I with it,
A new understanding,
A woman who had finally realized her way.




1 comment:

  1. And they say the young can't inspire the old! They've obviously never had a gift as wonderful as you!

    ReplyDelete