Wednesday, March 2, 2011

From One Mommy to Another.

   I guess this is a moment for me. I spend most of my days running after my toddler, soothing my four month old, and attempting to put a lid on the chaos cloud that is forever lingering over my household. All the while however, my mind is racing. I suppose this is what it is like for every other mother out there, but I like to think on my down days, that I am alone in my self-pity. Stay at home mothers are a different breed of mommy. Mothers as a whole all have the same goal; to guide our children down the path of life, hitting as few road blocks as we can.
   Those of us who have the gift of being a stay at home mom though, know that our struggles are unique. We go days on end without talking to another adult outside of our spouse, laundry and cleaning become a kind of obsession, and sometimes we cannot even tell you the last time someone actually referred to us as our given name and not "mommy."
   I wanted to start this blog, because I felt this innate need to reach out, to see if there were other mommies out there who needed a connection. We are not only mothers, but we are women. Women with specific issues due to the simple fact that we are mothers.

I'm not even sure there will be anyone who reads this, but at least I know that I will be here.

To filter those manic thoughts.
To say things that a toddler could never relate to.
It feels like a beginning.

2 comments:

  1. You are NOT alone. I have days where Im torn to be a SAHM. I love juliana with all my heart, and I love being the one to teach her things, play with her, and provide for her. But then there are the days that I want something more because out side of mommy I feel like Im losing a part of me. The adult side of me disappears from time to time and especially with our family so far, I struggle to find a connection to bring it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is how I feel a lot of the time too. That is why I wanted to start this blog. Even if no one reads it, I can at least get my thoughts out. Paul is always so understanding and he listens to me, but he doesn't truly know where I'm coming from. I'm hoping I can get more SAHMs to follow me on here so that we can all have a place to talk about what we're feeling.

    ReplyDelete