Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanks Be to Love.


You looked right through me 
When there was no one else 
I sat beside beside you and became myself...

Over the past few weeks, my social media has been filled with people each day, devoting a moment to say all that they are thankful for. It's a nice sentiment for this time of year, a time where we all reflect on the many blessings each of us have in our lives. That is what makes Thanksgiving so very special. For those who celebrate this Holiday for its true meaning, it is a time that is wholly unselfish. Something very rare nowadays. 

I myself, could give you a laundry list of things that I have in my life to be thankful for. I am a truly blessed woman, who is surrounded by warmth, comfort, and love on a daily basis. What I have is more than I could have ever hoped for in life. If I were to sit down though, and really tell you the one thing that I am eternally thankful for, the answer would be a simple one; 

My husband.

My husband is the reason why I am surrounded by each and every blessing I have in my life. If I were to list all of the things I am thankful for, each of them would be attributed in some way to this very wonderful and amazing man. He is everything in my life.

He is the reason I am a mother to my sons.

He is the reason I am a confident and independent woman.

He is the reason I am nourished and healthy.

He is the reason I have warmth and shelter.

He is the reason I have laughter and joy.

He is the reason I know what true love means.

He is the reason that I believe hope rings eternal.

He is the reason I know the true meaning of humility.

My husband is a man of little needs. He expects nothing from any one, but gives everything to others. His complete devotion to his place in mine and my children's life, is truly awe-inspiring. He has given me the gift of friendship, understanding, and complete peace. If not for him, I would never have been able to grow into the person I am today. A gift so invaluable, that I could never even begin to explain the magnitude of my thanks for it to him, or to others. 

So when you ask me what I am thankful for, it is, and always will be, the man who holds my heart eternal;

My husband. My soul. My best friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment